Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Chapter 85

When Jon woke again, Sara was still snuggled into his left shoulder, but he was able to twist his wrist far enough to read his watch, astonished to find it was still only seven thirty. The movement of his arm woke Sara from her post-coital doze, stretching sleepily against him.

“Good morning. Again.” She said with a soft smile, and Jon kissed her forehead as she relaxed into him again.

“Good morning, baby. God, this is nice, isn’t it?”

“Mmmmmm. I could just stay here all day, if only someone would bring me food!”

“I really don’t know where you put it, girl - you eat even more than Richie, but you’re still so skinny. However,” he smoothed his hand along her side and onto her ass, “I must say that you still have all the right curves.”

“Look who’s talking.” Sara’s fingertip traced the outlines of his well-defined abs.

“Yeah, but I gotta work for that. You stay perfect without even trying.”

“Which just proves what I’ve always said - chocolate and coffee are good for you! Ooh - speaking of coffee - d’you want some? Some coffee!” She forestalled Jon’s lewd comment with a grin.

“I’d love some, but that means you getting out of bed.”

He was too late to stop her, though, as Sara slid her feet to the floor and went over to the little dresser, switching on the kettle. While it boiled, she twitched the curtain open a fraction, then opened it further.

“What a gorgeous morning!”

Jon sat up in bed, craning his neck to see. The air was crystal clear, and the beach was washed clean by the night tide, stretching for miles beyond the cliffs until it reached a remote headland. He got out of bed to get a better view, standing behind Sara with his arms around her, his chin resting down on her shoulder as they both gazed out at the beach.

“So, what do you want to do today?” He asked her.

“Well, I’d love to spend the whole day in bed with you, but it does seem a bit of a shame to spend a day like this indoors.”

“Do you want to go surfing? We could do that.”

“I thought you said the water was too cold?” She teased, and she felt him move against her as he laughed.

“Yeah, but I’ve been thinking about you in a skintight black wetsuit, and I think seeing that would be worth the freezing water.”

Sara giggled. “Only if you wear one, too - I still remember you saying about spandex the first time we met - guess neoprene’s the closest I can get to that!”

The kettle clicked off, and Sara turned from the window, Jon letting go of her as he continued to look outside. Sara made two cups of coffee - okay, so it was instant, but it wasn’t too bad as far as instant coffees go - and she handed one to Jon.

“Thanks, babe.”

After the first sip of her coffee, Sara laid the cup down.

“That’s too hot to enjoy - I’ll go take a shower first.”

“Wait a minute!” Jon caught her hand as she moved away.

“What?”

“Gimme a kiss before you go.”

She smiled, shaking her head slightly, but stepped forward to press close to him, their mouths meeting for a loving kiss. Jon spread his hands on her lower back, pushing against her gently, then controlling himself with an effort and letting her go again.

“You’d better go, darlin’, if you want to shower. Otherwise…….” His voice trailed off as his hands rested on her waist again, sliding up toward her breasts, before he pulled away again, reaching for his coffee. “Dammit! Go, baby, before I ruin my good intentions.”

She was laughing now as she headed for the bathroom, leaving Jon standing by the window sipping coffee. There was no point washing her hair, she decided, if they were going surfing, so she twisted it up on top of her head while she showered, then braided it into a pair of pigtails before emerging from the bathroom wrapped in a short towel. Jon was still by the window, staring out at the sea, and Sara came up behind him silently, kissing his shoulder then tracing her finger around the Superman tattoo. He looked down at her and chuckled.

“Pigtails again? I thought you actually wanted to get out of this bedroom?”

“I do. You, go - get in the shower while I have my coffee!”

“Yes, ma’am. Oh, hey - there were some cookies on the dresser. I saved you one.”

One?”

“Well, there were only two, and I didn’t think you’d want me going hungry.”

He did head off to the shower, though, only pausing to tug on her pigtails like a schoolboy, earning himself a slap across his bare ass that made him yelp.

By the time Jon came out of the bathroom, Sara was dressed and sitting perched on the wide windowsill, drinking coffee and looking outside. Jon quickly pulled on jeans and shirt then went to join her, but Sara jumped to the floor as he approached.

“Breakfast?” She suggested, and Jon grinned as he brushed cookie crumbs from her t shirt, his fingers only lingering a little as they flicked across her breast.

“You mean you’re still hungry?”

She looked at him in disbelief. “Baby, all I’ve had is one little cookie - I’m a growing girl, you know - I need real food. Besides,” she grinned, “they do a really great English breakfast here!”

“Okay, then. Let’s go get you fed, then we’ll head out and see if we can find a surf shop.”

They left the bedroom, Sara locking the door and sliding the key into the back pocket of her jeans. A second later, Jon’s hand slid down from her waist onto her ass, squeezing gently.

“Hey!” Sara protested, but quietly.

“Sorry, darlin’,” Jon said, sounding anything but sorry as he raised his hand again. “I was just checking you had the key.”

Sara looked at him with great scepticism. “Uh-huh.”

Downstairs, Sara led the way through the bar to the dining room, where they were greeted by the hotel owner, who enjoyed presiding over the breakfast service before disappearing back into his office for most of the day. Sara saw that the table she’d used the previous morning was free, and she went across to claim it, with the choice view out over the sands. She was relieved to find the dining room was fairly quiet, and most of the other guests weren’t exactly the type she’d expect to recognise a rock star in their midst.

The hotel owner took their order for coffee, and explained, as he had the previous morning to Sara, that they should just help themselves to cereals, juice and fresh fruit, and that someone would be over to take their order for hot food. Sara asked Jon what he wanted, then she went across and returned with two glasses of juice and a bowl filled with fresh fruit.

“Where’s mine?” Jon asked petulantly as she laid the bowl down.

“I didn’t have enough hands, so we can just share one bowl.” She explained as she sat down again.

They both picked at the fruit until the young waitress came across and took their order, Jon asking for kippers until Sara made a face.

“For breakfast? Ewwww. You’ll smell of fish all day!”

Jon laughed, and the sound made the waitress look at him more closely, and Sara was pretty sure she recognised him, but she didn’t say anything, other than to suggest the smoked haddock and poached egg - still fish, but without the lingering smell. Nodding, Jon agreed to that, and Sara just had the full breakfast, then the waitress brought them a rack of toast and left them to wait.

“I thought you liked fish? You like smoked salmon for breakfast, as I recall.” Jon teased Sara, and she laughed.

“Well, you can have kippers if you like, but just don’t expect me to kiss you!”

When their breakfasts arrived, they were both ready to dig in, and Jon grinned when Sara finished her plateful and took another slice of toast.

“Where the hell do you put it?”

“Mom always said I had hollow legs.” She smiled, but a little sadly, and Jon reached to take her hand.

“What’s wrong?”

“Oh, nothing. I just haven’t seen my parents in a while, and I guess I miss them. Pathetic, isn’t it? At my age, I still miss my parents.”

“I don’t think it’s pathetic - hell, I see my folks a lot, too. Where do your parents live, then?”

“Wherever they stop.” Jon looked confused. “When they retired, they joined the thousands of older people who just tour around in their motorhome. I’m not too sure where they are right now. They call me every couple of weeks, just to check in and let me know they’re still okay.”

“And to check you’re okay, too, I bet.”

“Yeah, I guess. Good thing they’re not the type who read Kay’s magazine, huh? Not really how I’d want them finding out that I’m…….we’re……..well, that I…..”

“Finding out that we’re together? That I love you?” Jon helped her out, and she rewarded him with a dazzling smile, both of them leaning forward over the table.

“That’d be it. That we’re together, and that I’m in love.”

The waitress came across to take their plates, and they were forced to move back from each other. Sara asked the girl about surf shops, and she recommended one right on the beach, pointing it out through the window. Thanking her, they got up and headed out of the dining room, back up to the bedroom, and once inside Sara fell onto her back on the bed with a groan.

“I don’t think I can surf now. I’m stuffed. I think I need a nap before I do anything else.”

Jon sat next to her, stroking his hand back and forth across her stomach, bare where her t shirt had ridden up, and Sara moaned softly.

“That feels so nice.”

His hand started to slide lower on each pass across her stomach, until his hand was under the waist of her jeans, his little finger rubbing under her panties, but Sara caught his wrist with a giggle.

“What are you doing, Jon?”

“Sorry, darlin’. I couldn’t help myself.” He bent down and kissed her then sat up again, toying with one of her pigtails absently. “So, we going surfing, then?”

“Yeah - just let me find my swimsuit.”

No comments: