Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Chapter 124

“So, what do you want to do tonight, then?” Jon asked, coming over behind her to refill their coffee mugs.

“I don’t mind. Is there something you want to do?”

“I feel like I want to take you out somewhere - show you off. Do you fancy going for a late dinner somewhere?”

“It’d have to be pretty late - I’d have to go home first, get something other than jeans to wear. Unless I can just wear jeans?” She finished hopefully, but Jon just laughed.

“No, you can’t wear jeans. As much as I love seeing you in jeans, I was thinking of somewhere you wouldn’t get in with jeans.”

Jon thought for just a second, then reached to grab her belt, pulling her back against him and locking her into his embrace, his lips at her ear.

“Let’s get dressed, and we’ll head into the city and get you something to wear. Please.” He continued as he felt her stiffen in his arms, ready to protest. “Please, darlin’, don’t fight me on this. Let me? Let me buy you something.”

“Jon - you’ve already bought me a ton of stuff. You don’t have to.”

“I know I don’t have to, Sara. I want to. I’m not trying to buy you, or dazzle you with money. I’d just really, really like to buy you something, then take you out for a great meal while you’re wearing it.” With a soft sigh, he dropped a kiss on her neck. “But if you don’t want me to, then we can go over to your place so you can change, then go for dinner.”

As soon as he said that, though, Sara felt churlish for refusing his generosity, and she turned around in his embrace, smiling as their eyes met.

“I love you, Jon, and I know you’re not trying to buy me. If you really want to, then I guess I could stand to go shopping with someone else picking up the tab!” She gave him a tender kiss. “Thank you, Jon. Thank you for being so good to me.”

He returned the kiss, pressing against her as their hunger grew, until he forced himself to back off.

“I think we better get dressed.” He murmured against her lips. “Or we’ll never make it out of this apartment!”

“I guess.” Sara looked wistfully at the chocolate cake. “Why don’t you go get ready, and I’ll be along once I’ve eaten this.”

“Sure you don’t want to save room for dinner?” Jon joked, and Sara shook her head firmly.

“You said a late dinner, so I’ll be starving by then. Besides, it’s only a little slice.”

Laughing, Jon opened his arms and let her free, heading out of the room to the bedroom, taking his coffee with him. Sara savoured her cake, then dumped the plate into the dishwasher and took her mug of coffee along to the bedroom. Jon was dressed, but lounging on the bed with his coffee and a book, and he smiled at Sara as she entered the room, then carried on reading while she dressed quickly in jeans and a pink t shirt with angel wings and the words ‘rock festival’ printed across the chest. She dragged a brush through her hair, then turned to Jon.

“Ready when you are, babe.”

“That was fast.” Jon replied, laying down the book and getting off the bed. “Got everything? Actually, we’ll come back here before dinner - I called and got us a table at ten o’clock - so I guess you don’t really need to bring anything right now.”

“Jon - after all the years you’ve been married - you must know that women can’t go anywhere without a purse full of stuff they don’t actually need!”

“True! Come on, then, let’s go.”

They left the apartment, and downstairs the doorman had a cab for them in no time. Sara swallowed hard when Jon gave the cabbie the name of a store, and she leaned close to whisper to Jon.

“Jon - I don’t think they’ll have anything to fit me - isn’t all that stuff sized for models?”

“Trust me, darlin’. The only thing I don’t want you doing is looking at price tags, ‘kay? This is my treat, no arguments, and I want you to pick out something you love.”

Sara gazed deep into his blue eyes, a hint of a smile on her lips. “I’ve already found something I love. And I didn’t see a price tag.”

Jon grinned, the smile lighting his eyes, with none of the artifice of the smiles he turned on for the cameras. Before he could speak, though, the cab came to a halt, and he grabbed her hand, pulling her from the cab with him. After he’d paid off the driver, Jon led Sara into the high-priced store.

Almost as soon as they entered, an emaciated but immaculately dressed assistant came across to greet them, welcoming Jon as ‘Mr Bon Jovi’, and giving Sara a cursory look which made her feel somehow inadequate in her jeans and t shirt. Jon caught the look, but didn’t say anything, just squeezed Sara’s hand and told the assistant that they didn’t need any help looking around.

They wandered around, Jon not interfering, but just letting Sara browse. She was getting somewhat dispirited, not seeing anything which appealed to her, then as they walked past a dividing screen, she stopped as something caught her eye - shimmering silver, completely plain, a long-sleeved dress with a hemline that sat a good few inches above the knee - not quite a mini skirt, but close. After a second look, she drifted across to more closely examine the dress, touching the fabric gently, feeling the slight roughness of the sparkling material.

“Nice.” Jon’s voice from close behind her.

“I really like that.” Sara said softly, automatically reaching for the price tag.

“Nuh-uh.” Jon admonished her, catching her hand. “Doesn’t matter what that says. Why don’t you try it on?”

He pulled the dress from the rack and handed it to Sara, who took it obediently, allowing Jon to propel her toward the dressing rooms. At the door, though, she stopped him with a hand on his chest, smiling at him.

“Give me a minute? To see if I like it first?”

“Okay.”

Inside, Sara quickly shucked her jeans and t shirt and carefully pulled on the dress. She did like it. Okay, so it was clingy, but she didn’t mind that - she’d never minded if clothes were close-fitting - and she unlocked the door, peeking around the edge as she waved Jon to come in. Once he was in the little room with her, Sara quickly locked the door again, turning to find Jon sprawled in the armchair, watching her.

“Well, I love it!” Jon said, before she could speak. “Do you like it?”

“I do. I love it. What do you think, though? Hair down, like this, or….” Sara gathered up her hair, piling the tresses on top of her head, “….or hair up?”

“You’re gorgeous either way. Maybe I should change our booking to a private room.”

“Why?” Sara asked absently, turning to look into one of the angled mirrors, looking at the back of the dress, which scooped lower in the back, exposing her upper back, in contrast to the straight, high neckline at the front, sitting just at the base of her throat.

“In case I can’t control my urge to throw you across the table and make love to you.”

“Maybe you should change the booking.” Sara said with a smirk. “Because I don’t think I’d be fighting you off if you did.”

Jon gestured to her, asking her to turn around for him, and Sara pirouetted slowly, standing up on the balls of her feet since she was barefoot. Once she’d completed a full turn, she stopped, standing looking over at him, not obeying when Jon beckoned her to come closer.

“C’mere.” Jon growled, shifting in the chair, but Sara shook her head, taking the dress off again and returning it to the quilted hanger.

Now that the dress was safely out of harm’s way, Sara walked barefoot across to Jon, wearing just her underwear, and she let him tug her down onto his lap. His hands roamed across her bare skin, one hand taking a firm grip on her ass, pulling her into him as Sara held his face in both hands to kiss him. Sara squirmed on his lap as his fingers slid forward, brushing toward her clit, and she could feel his cock growing harder, pressing against her thigh as she moved.

“Not here.” Sara whispered, breaking away from Jon’s mouth, giggling when he pouted at her.

“No?” His fingertips sneaked past the thin strip of her thong, lightly caressing her flesh so that she moaned softly, but pulled away resolutely.

“No.” There was a tiny quaver in her voice, but Sara grinned at him as she lifted herself off his lap. “Patience is a virtue, baby.”

“And who told you I was virtuous?” Jon asked with a grin of his own, but remained in the chair, just watching her as she stepped back into her jeans.

“You may not be, but I am.” That got a snort of laughter from Jon.

“Yeah, sure you are, hussy.”

Sara stuck out her tongue at him, then pulled her t shirt over her head and got her boots on again. She walked across and held out a hand to Jon.

“Come on, rock star.”

Jon took her hand with a grin, and Sara hauled him to his feet, immediately finding herself wrapped in his arms as he took advantage of her proximity to steal another kiss. Pulling back again with a satisfied smirk, Jon caught her hair and pulled it free from her shirt, flipping it down her back.

“Let’s get out of here.”

Leaving the dressing room, they took the dress over to the desk, and Jon just handed the assistant his credit card, not even listening to the cost as he grinned down at Sara.

“Shoes?”

“I can’t just wear my cowboy boots?” Sara asked, and Jon shook his head.

“Nope. You know what you need for that dress.”

“I do? What would that be, then?”

Across the desk, the assistant cleared her throat loudly, and Jon turned around to see her offering him a pen and a slip to sign for the charge. He took both, signed the sheet, and handed them back, turning immediately to Sara.

“You tell me, honey.”

Sara smiled crookedly and stepped closer, rising onto her toes to whisper into his ear.

Whore heels.”

“You got it.” Jon grinned.

He took back his credit card from the assistant and handed the oversized bag to Sara, who took it with a smile.

“Thank you.” She said, then saw from the corner of her eye the bitchy expression on the face of the assistant. Sara felt the devilment rising in her, and she looked up into Jon’s eyes as she leaned closer to press her lips to his as she murmured ‘thank you’ again. Jon’s tongue slid across hers briefly, then Sara pulled back from the kiss which was swiftly building in intensity. Jon was grinning at her as he took her hand, and as Sara turned to walk with him out of the store, she speared the envious assistant with a deadly look.

Jon led Sara to another store nearby where she almost immediately saw a pair of silver court shoes with towering heels. As soon as she picked one up, Jon nodded, and a much friendlier assistant found Sara a pair in her size. She tried them on, loved them, and Jon handed over his credit card again with a cheerful grin. When they left this store, Jon turned to Sara.

“Want to grab a drink?” He pointed up the street, to a café, and Sara nodded.

“Mmmm. Yes, please. I really need a cold drink.”

They walked up, but a storefront they passed caught Sara’s attention, and she stopped.

“Jon - I’ll catch you up, okay? I’ll only be a minute.”

He looked at the storefront and grinned. “I could come with you……”

Sara giggled, then whispered. “We’ll do that later, baby. Go on. You go get a drink and I’ll be with you in two shakes of a lamb’s tail.”

Smiling, Jon kissed her lightly and walked on down to the café, and Sara headed on into the lingerie store, head swivelling as she looked for the color she wanted.

No comments: