Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Chapter 131

Jon squeezed her tighter for a moment, then let go.

“C’mon - Paul’s going to wonder what happened.”

They went back out into the studio, and Paul looked over, instantly relieved when he saw Sara was okay. His eyes flicked to Jon, slightly behind Sara, who grinned at him with a tiny nod, and Paul dragged himself to his feet, collecting up the plates to take them to the kitchen.

“Paul.” Sara said as he walked past. “Why don’t you take off. I’m not in the mood to do any work today - let’s just call this a holiday and start back at it tomorrow, okay?”

“Great! Thanks boss. I’ll call Carrie, see if she wants to head out earlier.”

“Carrie again? Not Tina today?” Sara teased, and Jon looked a little confused until she explained. “Paul’s been acting like Casanova, babe - got two girls on the go at once. Two that he’s mentioned anyway.”

“Oh, buddy - that is so not a good idea, trust me.” Jon exclaimed. “Hell hath no fury like a woman, and if they find out………..you’re gonna be hip deep in shit!”

“They won’t find out.” Paul said, but he didn’t sound too convincing.

Once he’d dumped the plates in the kitchen, Paul said goodbye and made his escape, leaving Sara and Jon in the studio. Sara walked over and fell onto the couch tiredly, and Jon followed, looking a little concerned as he dropped to sit next to her.

“Talk to me, darlin’.” He said softly, grabbing her legs and pulling them up onto his lap, tugging her boots off and tossing them to the floor.

“Hmmmm?” Sara smiled and reached over to stroke his face. “I’m fine, Jon. Really - I am. I’m just tired. So - when do you want to bring your kids over?”

“Well, I was thinkin’ - if you don’t have other plans - we could go down to Florida this weekend, see my parents. I could arrange with Dot to get the kids some day next week. Actually, it’d have to be evening, after school, if that’s okay?”

“Sure. I’ve got a shoot booked for Tuesday and Wednesday, but Monday, Thursday and Friday nights are free.”

“Try for Thursday, then? I’ll have to check with Dot, but I don’t think any of them have stuff on a Thursday night.”

“Works for me, Jon. Oh, God, so does that……..” She groaned in pleasure as his strong hands massaged her feet, soothing her spirit as much as her skin.

Sara let her head lean comfortably against the back of the couch as Jon continued to rub her feet, giving a soft, involuntary moan as he worked up to her calves, massaging through her jeans.

“You’ve got magic hands.” She said dreamily, and Jon chuckled softly, rubbing his way up to her knees.

“C’mere.” He murmured, hooking his hands behind her knees and pulling her toward him, until Sara found herself sitting on his lap.

“Hello.” She whispered in mock surprise as she opened her eyes to see those brilliant blue eyes looking directly back at her.

His lips curved into a soft smile, lights sparking in the depths of his eyes as the smile lifted the corners of his eyes.

“Hi.” He whispered back, moving his head the fraction required to bring their lips together.

Butterfly-soft, his lips brushed against Sara’s, barely a breath of a contact, then, as her lips parted, Jon gently caught her lower lip between his, drawing her mouth open a little more. He brought his lips up onto her upper lip, pressing a kiss to the very center, his own mouth still lightly closed, then he could feel Sara’s tongue sweep across his lip. Involuntarily, Jon opened his mouth to hers, a sigh between them - he wasn’t sure whose - as their tongues met.

Sighing again, Sara twisted closer to Jon, sliding her arms behind his neck as the kiss intensified, still slow and languorous as they leisurely explored each other’s mouths, soft breaths building to occasional moans of pleasure. When they finally drew apart, they were both smiling, and Sara lightly pressed her lips to Jon’s again, then pillowed her head onto his shoulder. Jon just secured his grip around her waist with one arm, his free hand stroking her hair back over her shoulder, then he gave a soft laugh.

“God, this makes me feel like a kid again.” He said quietly.

“Hmmmm? How d’you mean?”

“Oh, way back in my youth, when kissing a pretty girl was the most exciting thing in the world.”

“Well, you’re good at it.” Sara giggled.

“Thank you, darlin’.” Jon kissed her forehead. “Guess that was back before I found out there were so many other pleasurable things to do with your mouth.”

“I’m sure you mean singing.” Sara teased.

“That’d be one of them.” He said comfortably, stroking her hair again. “Yeah, way back when……before I discovered sex.”

“What? That long ago?” Sara hesitated for a moment, but figured he’d either tell her, evade or lie, but she was curious. “So, how old were you? The first time?”

“First time what? First time I kissed a girl?”

“No………you know what I mean. How old were you when you lost your……innocence?” She chuckled again. “I mean - you already know when I lost mine…..”

“That I do. Man, how old was I? Ummm…….I guess around…….fourteen, maybe.”

“Fourteen? Isn’t that illegal?”

“Only if you get caught, darlin’. Yeah. I think fourteen.” He pulled back to look at her, grinning. “I got corrupted a loooong time ago.”

“Do you remember it?”

“Kinda. I remember a lot of fumbling……she was older than me, and I guess she knew what she was doing……” He laughed suddenly at the memory, remembering how nervous - almost scared - he’d been. “Let’s just say I remember it, but it wasn’t exactly memorable. Certainly not for her!”

“So, you’ve improved with age, then?”

“You tell me.”

“Not fair. I have no basis for comparison. But you certainly….” Now it was Sara’s turn to laugh. “To quote - or paraphrase - one of your songs that I do actually know……satisfaction is most definitely guaranteed!”

“I try my best.” Jon said virtuously, the performance marred by the hand which slid down to squeeze Sara’s ass.

Chuckling, Sara shifted to kiss him again, and they lost themselves in another long, delicious interlude, not even trying to excite each other, but just enjoying the simple, perfect connection of lips and tongues. Breaking apart, slightly breathless, they gazed into each other’s eyes for a long moment, feeling the bond between them, a bond which was growing stronger every day.

Still looking into Jon’s eyes - despite her usual awkwardness at making direct eye contact - Sara quietly asked Jon what he wanted to do that evening.

“Let’s go home, darlin’.”

“Home where? Yours or mine?”

“Which one do you want to go to? Far as I’m concerned, they’re both your home.” Jon asked, not pressuring her, waiting for her answer.

Sara thought about it for a bare moment. “Mine. Only because I have no clean clothes left at yours.”

“Okay. How about this? We’ll stay at yours tonight - hey, when you tossed the roses, you didn’t toss my shirts, did you?”

“No. To be honest, I forgot they were there. I’d have probably shredded them if I’d remembered!”

“Let’s stay at yours tonight, then tomorrow you could pack up some stuff and we’ll take it to mine. So we both have clean clothes both places. How’s that?”

“Sounds good to me.” Sara said, then Jon saw the shift in her eyes as her mind raced off.

Shit!’ Sara thought. ‘Am I ready for this?’ She looked into Jon’s eyes again, seeing nothing but certainty, and knew, deep down, she was ready.

“Are you sure you can find space in that monstrous closet for my clothes?” She joked.

“Hell, yeah. Not like you’re gonna need many clothes when you’re staying over. I plan on keeping you naked as much as possible.”

“Bad boy.” Sara scolded, sliding off his lap to stuff her feet into her boots then stand up. “Besides, surely half the fun is getting undressed? Or are you telling me I don’t need the new lingerie I bought yesterday?”

“The silver set, you mean?”

“Nuh-uh. That wasn’t all I bought.”

With a cheeky smirk, Sara snatched up her car keys, backing across the studio as Jon vaulted to his feet, following her with an anticipatory grin.

No comments: