Friday, February 8, 2008

Chapter 127

The next time Jon opened his eyes, the bedroom was flooded with light, the sun glimmering against the discarded pool of silver that was Sara’s dress.

“It’s morning?” He muttered, turning his head to look at his watch. It was very much morning. Just after ten o’clock, and he groaned softly as he sat up, his back aching.

Sara lay on the far side of the bed, face down, and Jon reached out a hand to caress her arm. He was shocked by the icy cold of her skin, and his heart tripped as his mind immediately thought the worst. Nudging his hand against her shoulder brought no reaction as she lay unmoving.

“Sara? Baby?” He could hear the tremor in his own voice as he thought how still she lay, how cold she was to his touch. Still no response.

Jon moved closer, sliding his hand onto her back, squeezing his eyes shut in relief as he felt her breathing.

“Jesus.” He breathed, trying to will his heart to stop pounding from the fright he’d given himself.

Gently, Jon pulled on Sara’s shoulder until she rolled onto her back, her nose wrinkling as the tangled curls fell onto her face. He smoothed her hair back, then slid to lie down again, gathering her chilled body into his arms and holding her tenderly. Reaching back, he grabbed at the covers and pulled them across, tugging until the heavy fabric covered them both, immediately feeling warmer, and he smiled as he felt Sara stir, snuggling closer to him.

For a while, Jon just lay holding Sara, feeling the chill fading from her skin as their bodies warmed under the thick cover. Sara was still deeply asleep, the exertions of the previous day and night having exhausted her, but Jon remembered that she wanted to go home before she went to the studio, and he regretfully decided he’d better wake her. Moving his head slightly, he pressed his lips to her ear.

“Sara.” He murmured, nuzzling his nose against her, then kissing her ear. “Baby. Wake up, Sar.”

He heard her moan softly as he nipped at her earlobe, the tiny pain bringing her awake, then beginning to purr when he sucked on her flesh.

“Is it morning already?” He heard her soft, drowsy voice.

“I’m afraid so. It’s just past ten, darlin’.”

“Mmmmm….” When Jon pulled his head back, he saw her eyes were still closed as she spoke with a sleepy smile. “I guess we should get up, then. Warm here, though.” She burrowed closer to him, one arm sliding across onto his back, holding him. “I love you, Jon.”

“I love you, too.” Jon laid his cheek against her hair, closing his own eyes again as they nestled together comfortably.

They were both pretty much awake, though, and after a few minutes Sara gave a deep sigh.

“Time to get up?” Jon asked, and she groaned.

“I guess. I’d rather stay here all day, but I really should go to the studio. Need to go home, too.” She chuckled. “If nothing else, I have no clothes left to wear.”

Jon’s stomach shook against her as he laughed, sliding his hand down onto her ass and squeezing gently as he asked, “Who needs clothes anyway?”

“So you saying I should go into the studio naked? Not sure Paul would approve.”

“Damn right he would, but then I’d have to hurt him. C’mon then - let’s get moving.”

“Yeah.”

Still they didn’t move from their cosy cocoon, and Sara finally opened her eyes, focusing on the line of Jon’s throat close beside her. It was too alluring, and she pressed her mouth onto his skin, lips parting so she could stroke him with her tongue. She heard the rumble of a near-purr from his chest, then he eased his throat back from her, the hand on her ass pushing her higher so he could kiss her good morning. Sara’s hand came up from his back, into his hair as his tongue in her mouth brought her completely awake. She sighed as she finally pulled away, their foreheads resting together as they both smiled contentedly.

“Aaaaahhh shit.” Jon finally muttered. “You ready for this?”

Before Sara could ask what he meant, Jon gripped the edge of the cover and threw it back, exposing their naked bodies to the cool of the room.

“Uh, no - I wasn’t ready for that! It’s freezing in here!”

“Yeah. I guess I forgot to put the heat on last night. Hell, I barely managed to drag myself off you, darlin’. I didn’t mean to fall asleep on you.”

“Actually, I think I fell asleep on you.” Sara smiled, pulling herself into a sitting position, feeling the ache across her shoulders from straining against her bonds. She leaned forward to snag the two robes, handing one to Jon. “I don’t really remember much after…..” She smirked, turning to breathe in his ear. “After you fucked me soooooo good, baby.”

“Hussy.” Jon growled with a blissful smile as he shrugged into the robe, getting a real kick out of Sara’s openness.

“MM-hm.” She grinned. “And it’s all your fault. You corrupted me, you bad man. Have I said thank you?!”

“Oh, yeah. But you can keep on doing it.” He assured her, groping for his belt, looking slightly confused. “Where’s my…….oh!”

Now Sara blushed, as she looked up and saw the two white belts still tied to the bedposts. “Your belt? Uh, yeah. Gimme a sec.”

She untied one of the belts and handed it to Jon, who caught her hand as he took the belt, looking at her wrist closely, seeing just the barest trace of chafing on her skin, only noticeable if you knew it was there.

“I didn’t hurt you?” He asked, and she shook her head negatively.

“No. I’d have told you to stop if you were hurting me.”

He lifted her hand, tenderly pressing his lips to her wrist, tongue soothing the faint abrasion for a moment.

“But would I have listened?” He muttered, seeming troubled by the thought. “The way I felt, with the wine and how much I wanted you, would I have stopped if you’d asked me to? Or would I have thought it was all part of the game?”

“Yes. You would have stopped.” Sara tucked her fingertips under his chin, raising his head so he was looking her in the eyes as she spoke with utter certainty. “Jon - I wouldn’t have let you do it - hell, I probably wouldn’t have even told you about it - if I didn’t trust you completely. I know you wouldn’t hurt me.”

Looking into those loving brown eyes, Jon could see that she meant every word, and her belief in him - her total trust - felt good. Dropping his chin again, Jon kissed her palm, then sat up beside her, wrapping the second robe around her naked body.

“Coffee?” He asked, already knowing the answer to that one.

“What d’you think?” Sara giggled, and they got off the bed together, Sara pausing to untie the other belt, tying it around her robe instead.

Jon had already headed for the kitchen, and he had the coffee going when Sara joined him a few minutes later. When he handed her a mug, she took a grateful sip.

“Did you remember to put the coffee in?” She joked, finding the brew much weaker than she’d have made.

“Yeah - I just made it for normal people, not caffeine junkies!”

“And you’re including yourself as normal, huh?” She laughed when he nodded. “But I thought you were Superman?”

“I feel that way when I’m with you.” Jon admitted.

Sara touched his face gently, then picked up her mug again. “I think I’ll go take a shower.”

“Want some company?” When he saw the hesitation on her face, Jon continued, believing he knew what was in her mind. “Just for a shower, I mean. I don’t really think either of us is up to another round just yet.”

Sara smiled at him gratefully. While she did want him, if she were honest, she didn’t feel like she could take him right now. She could still feel the dull ache where he’d been, those beautiful thrusts which had driven her into orgasm had taken their toll on her nerve endings, leaving her tender, her clit almost feeling bruised from the onslaught.

“Okay, then.” She smiled at him. “And thank you. For understanding.”

“Understanding what, darlin?” He joked, winking at her. “I just meant you’ve worn me out. I got nothing left for ya.”

“Like I said last night - you’re a good liar.”

They finished their coffee and headed back to the bedroom, sharing the shower, but just washing each other tenderly, neither of them trying to arouse the other, just enjoying the intimacy. Afterward, Jon quickly towelled dry and dressed, leaving his hair dripping as he went to fetch more coffee, and Sara began drying her hair, fighting out the tangles left by the curls. Jon brought her a mug of coffee, just giving her a light kiss on the cheek before he headed back to the living room where he’d left his own mug. He understood intuitively that, having been alone for so many years, Sara needed her own space now and then, although the desire to be alone was fading as she grew used to having somebody in her life.

Sara finished drying her hair then dressed in jeans and her last clean t shirt, padding along to the living room barefoot, coffee mug in hand. She was glad her jeans hung low on her waist, because she didn’t think she could have taken it if they were tight, pressing into her still tender flesh.

Jon was talking on his cellphone, mouthing ‘mom’ as Sara came in. He grinned at her shocked expression, but carried on the conversation, and she flushed as she heard him telling his mom that he was seeing somebody, and that he wanted to bring her down to meet them. Sara walked across and picked up Jon’s mug, waving it questioningly, but he shook his head with a smile, telling his mom that, yes, the kids had met Sara and they liked her.

“In fact, mom - I think I’ve got competition - Romeo loves her too.”

Sara went over to the kitchen and poured herself a little more coffee, then walked to the window, gazing outside while Jon talked. He finished his call and came over to where she stood, snagging one arm around her waist and pulling her back against him.

“Mom said she’s looking forward to meeting you.” He purred in her ear.

“I’d better call my parents, too. I’ll do that when I get home, though. Could take a bit of explaining.”

“Well, I’m ready to leave whenever you are, sweetheart.”

“We should probably get going, or I’ll never make it to the studio.” Sara agreed, taking a sip of coffee as Jon kissed her neck. He stood for a moment with his lips pressed to her skin, opening his mouth to just close his teeth on her skin, not quite biting, then pulled himself away.

“Let’s go.”

In short order, they finished getting ready, and Sara packed her stuff back into her travel bag, then they headed on out of the apartment, downstairs to get a cab to Sara’s house.

No comments: