Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Chapter 143

Bending his head low again, Jon tenderly sucked on her nipple, feeling her tighten again around his cock as her body reacted. He raised his head, reluctantly sliding out of her, and standing looking down on her, naked and beautiful on his desk. Stroking a hand down her stomach, Jon stepped back, ready to help her to her feet again.

“So is that everything signed?” Sara asked softly, and Jon gave a wicked grin which should’ve warned her of his intentions.

“Just about. One more thing.”

Before she could move, Jon had grabbed a magic marker from his desk, and he uncapped it with his teeth as he flipped her onto her stomach.

“Jon! What the…..?”

Sara squeaked in surprise as she felt him pin her, holding her still, then she felt the cold touch of the ink on her ass as Jon signed his name.

“You didn’t!” She yelped, hearing Jon’s laugh confirm what she thought.

“Damn right I did. You’re mine, darlin’.”

Twisting as far as she could, Sara could just see the edge of the black signature across her butt, and she dropped her forehead to the desk with a helpless giggle.

“I don’t believe you just did that! You autographed my ass?”

“No. I signed it, baby.” Jon pulled her to her feet, turning her to face him. “That’s my real name on there. The one I use on all the important stuff.”

“You’re crazy.” Sara saw the marker in his hand and blanched. “A magic marker? You used a permanent marker? How the hell do I get that off?”

“It’ll wash off.” Jon laughed as she stared at him. “Well, eventually.”

Muttering dire - and only half-joking - threats, Sara walked across to the couch for her clothes, unable to stifle a giggle when she heard Jon laugh, watching her walk away with his name emblazoned across her. She quickly dressed again, then turned to face Jon.

“After that, you’d better buy me a good lunch, mister.”

Still laughing, Jon grabbed the pile of paperwork and walked across, kissing her contritely.

“Forgive me?” He whispered. “I just couldn’t resist.”

“I’ll think about it.” Sara grinned, unlocking the door again.

In the outer office, they found that Jon’s secretary, Sue, had returned, and Jon dumped the paperwork with her before introducing Sara. The penetrating look the older woman gave Sara was lost on Jon - like most guys the silent communication between women passed straight over his head - but the two women shook hands amicably enough before Jon and Sara left the office.

Jon led Sara just a few blocks to a tiny, nondescript Chinese restaurant, and the owner treated his rockstar customer like any other regular. Sara could see how much it pleased Jon, to be treated like a normal person, and when the food arrived she discovered why he obviously ate here often. As he scooped more duck onto a pancake, Jon told Sara that he’d confirmed with Dot, and he’d bring the kids over Thursday evening.

“I just realised.” Sara said. “I probably won’t even see you until then - I’m going to be so tied up with this shoot the next few days.”

“Really? Shit. I’ll miss you. I do have a few meetings and interviews lined up, though, so I don’t know what kind of company I’d be anyway.”

“Well.” Sara smirked. “I guess I’ll just have to call so you can talk dirty to me.”

“That works for me. Hey - I got an idea. If I bring the kids over Thursday, why don’t you ride back to the house with us, then we can go for a late dinner somewhere. You can meet the third most important thing in my life, after you and the kids.”

“What? I’ve already met your Chevelle.” Sara joked, surprised to hear Jon mention her before his kids.

“Not her. Copper. My dog, Copper.”

“Okay. I love dogs.”

Jon’s cellphone rang, and he made a face as he listened to the caller, sighing heavily as he switched the phone off again.

“Babe - I have to go back to the office. Apparently I signed some documents in the wrong place, and they have to go in the mail tonight.”

“What? Were you distracted or something?” Sara smirked, and Jon gave a lazy grin.

“You could say that. Do you want to come back with me, maybe head over to the apartment?”

Sara hesitated, then shook her head. “I should go back to the studio. Paul and I never really finished setting up for tomorrow. I have to check what he’s done - his vision’s a little off - he has a black eye.”

“Really? What……oh, no way! They caught him?”

“Yep. He didn’t say which one did it, but when he went to see Carrie, Tina was there too. I guess his Casanova days are over.”

They finished their meal and left the restaurant, forced to keep their goodbye chaste as they parted on the street, Jon holding open the cab door while Sara climbed in.

“I’ll see you Thursday.” He promised, and Sara smiled back at him.

“That you will. I’ll call you, though!”

“D’you need me to sign anything else before you go?” Jon smirked at her, and Sara flushed red.

“NO! Get back to work - I’m sure you can think up an explanation for Sue on why you got everything wrong.”

“Yeah.” Jon grinned as he slammed the door. “I’ll just tell her the truth.”

He laughed at the horrified look on Sara’s face, kissing his fingertips and waving them at her as he walked away fast. The cabbie glanced up into his mirror as he asked Sara ‘where to?’, and she gave him the studio address distractedly, hoping that Jon was kidding. Surely he wouldn’t tell his secretary what had been going on?


The next couple of days were almost more difficult for them than when they’d been thousands of miles apart, since it was feasible for one of them to go see the other, just not exactly practical when they were both so busy. Their phone conversations became steadily smuttier as the separation piqued their appetites for each other, until on one occasion Sara remarked that a lot of guys had to pay for someone to talk that dirty to them.

“You’re right.” Jon agreed. “But just think of the fun we’re gonna have next time we get together.”

“Uh-huh.” Sara said sarcastically. “Next time we see each other, honey, your kids will be there. I don’t think we’ll be getting up to much around them.”

“Damn. I forgot about that.” He glanced at his watch. “Listen, darlin’, I gotta go. I’ll see you tomorrow evening though - at the studio.”

“You sure will. Bye Jon.”

Jon dropped his phone onto the desk, grinning as he ran his hand over the smooth leather top, remembering Sara lying there, sated. He shifted in his seat, almost wishing the kids weren’t going to be with him the next evening, then sighed and got back to work.

That night, back in his apartment, he called Sara again, and they talked for over an hour, then when she finally quit and said she was going to bed, Jon was itching with creative energy, desperate to write and get down on paper the things that were bubbling in his mind. He wrote for another couple of hours, finally going to bed just after midnight. By five am, though, he was wide awake again, and he thought for a moment then threw on some sweats and grabbed his keys and phone, jamming a ball cap over his hair and leaving the apartment.

He ran for half an hour, then as he slowed to head back, a cab cruised toward him, call light burning, and Jon raised his hand. The cab swerved to stop in front of him, and Jon jumped in, giving the driver the address. As the cab moved away, Jon pulled out his cellphone and dialled.


Sara was deep in sleep when she heard Jon’s voice, realising - as the words repeated - that it was her cellphone ringing. She stretched out a hand to grab the phone, eyes still closed, and put it to her ear.

“Hello?”

“Hi gorgeous. How’s my girl? Awww…….I didn’t wake you, did I?”

“Wake me? Jon - it’s…….” Sara reached again and flipped on the lamp, squinting at her clock. “It’s almost six am……..what on earth makes you think I was asleep?”

“I dunno. I’ve already been for a run, so I guess I figured everybody was up. So, since we’ve established you’re still in bed, what are you wearing?”

Rolling her eyes at his question this early in the morning, Sara glanced down, seeing that the cover had been kicked away during the night, leaving her lying in nothing but her thong.

“I’m wearing my furry bedsocks with a flannel nightie.” She told him, hearing him chuckle.

“Liar.” Jon growled.

She heard the word, then suddenly realised that the voice hadn’t come from her phone. Sara spun onto her back, looking across at the bedroom door, seeing the shadowy outline standing there, the flash of white teeth enough to confirm identity.

“Oh, you rotten swine! How did you get in here?”

“You gave me a key, darlin’. Remember?”

Sara closed her phone, seeing Jon do the same, then she sat up, holding her arms out. “Come here.”

Jon dropped his phone into the pocket of his sweatpants and crossed to the bed, taking her in his arms.

“I didn’t want to just walk in and scare you.” He explained before pressing his lips to hers.

No comments: